This episode of Stable Scoop is definitely for me! I don't know about the rest of ya'll but I take the worlds worst horse photo's. I can make the best looking horse look squatty. Hopefully now I will have some better looking pictures ;)
Enjoy this weeks episode,
This episode of the Stable Scoop Radio Show is brought to you by the Horse Radio Network.
Everyone is a photographer at heart. Listen in as we speak with the world's leading horse photographers to find out their secrets. Glenn the Geek and Helena B. learn the top 12 tricks to taking a better horse photo and we take a look at the best cameras for Holiday Gifts. What a fun show this is!
Stable Scoop Episode 13 - Show Notes and Links:
- Hosts: Glenn the Geek and Helena B.
- Co-Host: Carien Schippers is one of the leading horse photographers in the county and founder of the Equine Photographers Network. Carien lives in upstate New York and her websites are imagequine.com & horsedrivephotos.com.
- Guest: Scott K. Trees from Trees Media is one of the world's best equine photographers. He is in demand around the world but took a minute to share some of his secrets with us.
- Guest: Tom Mahan of Porters Cameras give us some great camera gift recommendations for this Holiday Season.
- Here are the top 12 things that the guests agree make a better horse photo. To get more detail on each of the items, take a listen to the show.
- Read the manual and understand your camera.
- Take the camera out of automatic mode.
- Best lens for good horse photos is 80/200 or 70/200.
- Shoot at the end of the lens, further away from the subject zoomed in.
- Timing is critical for action horse shots. Learn when to snap the picture.
- Patience, patience and patience.
- Learn how horses move.
- Framing - eliminate horizontal line in your image.
- Take picture of a horse from heart level.
- The best light for horse photography is early morning or late afternoon.
- Shadows are your friend.
- When the horse is done - it's done!
- Porter's camera pick's for this holiday season. Follow the links and get those gifts today:
Lower Price Point:
Medium Price Point:
The Really Nice One: (This baby will get you brownie points!)